Detaje të pozicionit
Kohe e plote
Kohe e plote
Hiring Path: • Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation
Appointment Type : Permanent
Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 number of hours per week, shift work)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (8 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Not Required
Provides security for Embassy Tirana personnel and facilities by conducting access control and visitor screening duties as a member of a local guard program. Prevents unauthorized access; protect life; maintain order; deter criminal attacks against employees; dependents and property and terrorist acts against all U.S. assets, and prevent damage to Government property.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 2-year experience in the military or as a police officer, or security guard required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Ability to understand the security control panel and to operate emergency alarms and the public address system. Ability to use state-of-the-art security and radio communication equipment. Ability to use Automated External Defibrillator. Ability to use fire extinguisher. Ability to use personal protective equipment (i.e. batons, pepper spray, handcuffs, and flexi cuffs, etc.). Ability to walk and/or stand in a wide variety of weather conditions for an extended period of time. Ability to work flexible shift schedules, to include nights, days, weekends, and/or holidays.
EDUCATION: Primary School is required
LANGUAGE: English language Level 1 (Rudimentary knowledge) is required. This will be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be courteous and firm in performing sentry and receiving duties. Must have the ability to follow instructions and be reliable in attendance and performance of duties. Must be physically fit.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Tirana, Albania, may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a public trust background check clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
Degree (not transcript)
Elementary School Diploma
Certificate or License
DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
SF-50 (if applicable)
Documents for Auto-Request:
Copy of Orders (applicants assigned to US Mission)
DD-214 (Member Copy 4)
SF-50 (applicants assigned to US Mission)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - a complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tirana, Albania.
1. Fillimisht klikoni butonin "Aplikoni".
2. Pasi klikoni këtë buton, më poshtë ju shfaqet mundësia të përzgjidhni 1 nga CV tuaja që keni krijuar në llogari si punëkërkues.
3. Në rast se kompania kërkon dokumenta shtesë, ju do të keni mundësi që të përzgjidhni dokumentat nëpërmjet rubrikës "Bashkëngjit Dokumente" që do të shfaqet poshtë "Zgjidhni CV që i përshtatet më së miri pozicionit të punës".
4. Në fund klikoni butoni "Dërgo".