Job title: "Finance Manager"
The Finance Manager is responsible for the financial health of the organization. The main duties of this position are producing financial reports, developing strategies based on financial research, guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
The Finance manager is responsible for the financial stability of the entire organization and works closely with the Head of organization and HR Manager to establish and monitor all policies and procedures regarding monthly payroll, monthly budget reports, annual budgeting projections and cash flow.
- Supports and advances the mission and vision of the organization.
- Supports and promotes the ongoing improvement initiatives of the organization.
Duties and responsibilities
- Use standard accounting and bookkeeping procedures, to keep an accurate continuous record of the cash and financial position of the business and manage the financial operations so that the institution remains financially stable.
- Prepare a monthly operating statement for the Head of organization and the board of trustees.
- Provide a monthly report of expenditures for use of each individual budget center within the organization.
- Establish a plan and schedule for the preparation of the annual budget.
- Provide for the securing of an annual audit of the organization’s financial records and financial positions.
- To oversee all organization purchasing, financial investments, banking activities, payroll and benefits programs.
- Provide staff support, in conjunction with the head of organization and HR manager.
- To coordinate the work of the financial assistant manager.
- To ensure the effective financial management of all auxiliary enterprises of the organization.
- To assist the head of organization with decisions regarding salaries and benefits for all personnel.
- To represent the organization at various regional, state, and national associations relative to the role of being the business manager.
- To assist the Head of organizationand HR with decisions regarding salaries and benefits for all personnel.
- Creates/modifies budget spreadsheet templates in accordance with individualized project requirements within the organization.
- Review and analyze property reforecasts and annual budgets.
- Deliver innovative, high value-added financial information to the management team for strategic decision making.
- Participates/or assists with strategic financial analysis and planning processes, participates in the implementation of action plans and tactics in support of goals and objectives. Coordinates and participates in special projects related to financial salary deduction, etc.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the head of organization.
- To support the organization and its leadership.
Skills and Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible finance management experience
- Financial acumen and attention to detail
- A progressive, process driven manager with a strong academic background who can collaborate with the Head of organization in leading dynamic improvement initiatives and program enhancement
- Prior experience living and leading diversity and inclusion initiatives and the ability to respectfully navigate diverse cultural and social situations
- A deep commitment to an active role in a comprehensive outreach program that includes enrollment management and broader community involvement to provide the financial support the organization’s aspirations
- Collaborative problem solver who is a confident risk-taker and possesses the courage to make difficult decisions
- Active and intuitive listening skills
- The ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good basic computer skills
- A Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, is required, and a Masters Degree in Business Finance is preferred.
The Finance Manager will have the privilege of supporting an outstanding educational institution and partnering with a highly professional, creative, dedicated, and collaborative faculty and staff.
The favored candidate will be someone who exudes optimism and a growth mindset while being warm, approachable, empathetic, optimistic, joyful, and down-to-earth. The board is seeking to find a leader who relishes working with young people, enjoys the challenge of working in a organization with a national reputation in progressive education, who can continue to build community and a unifying vision, and who wants to lead the organization for years to come.
You are welcome to send your CV and a Cover letter in the email address:
Please specify in the subject of the email the position you apply for.