- Regional Safeguarding Manager Wider Europe
The British Council is the UK's international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust. We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
Wider Europe is the region where Europe meets Asia and the Middle East. Spanning 15 diverse countries, it is both dynamic and turbulent, with fast emerging economies, young and still fragile democracies and deep- seated tensions which risk driving some countries back into isolation. It is important both to the UK and the EU, and to Asia and the Middle East.
The Regional Safeguarding Manager (RSM) will be part of the global safeguarding team and will contribute to the live and dynamic safeguarding change agenda within the British Council (BC) by way of shaping the future of BC’s response to safeguarding.
This role will play a key role in creating a safeguarding culture by managing and embedding the safeguarding agenda across all key areas of BC service delivery, which will include the implementation and monitoring of the Safeguarding (SG) strategy and, implementing SG policies, procedures and good practice models within their region. Develop and deploy reporting tools, strengthen capacity, ensure specific measures are in place to manage and mitigate risk within their direct areas of responsibility.
Role Specific Skills and Experience
- 5 years or more experience of managing and engagement in the Safeguarding arena with focus on child safeguarding and vulnerable adults/vulnerable communities within an international context
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of safeguarding in varied settings and differing legal jurisdictions
- Proven experience of conducting and leading Safeguarding case management work – including internal information gathering, risk assessment and risk management
- Proven track record of implementing strategic Safeguarding policies and procedures
- Experience of capacity and partnership building within Safeguarding
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience of training and public speaking
- Excellent skills of working within a multi-agency audience and with senior managers
If you are interested to apply and for further information, please follow the link: https://kosovo.britishcouncil.org/en/vacancies/safeguard