The position may be based in one of the following countries of operations: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia. The location for the position will be determined subject to successful candidates.
Under the supervision of ASB Regional Head, the Regional Coordinator (RC) will be responsible for coordinating activities related to the delivery of projects under existing blended instruments in the Western Balkans (e.g. Women in Business, Competitiveness Facility), as well as conceptualization of new products in cooperation with other relevant teams across the Bank. The RC will also coordinate business/sector development activities as well as workshops and networking events for respective line of business. The RC will coordinate relationship with external partners (e.g. commercial banks, consultants, etc.) relevant for implementation of blended/integrated products in the WB. The RC will also be responsible for coordination of innovation related activities, including the conceptualization of new products and approaches to maximise impact of advisory work for beneficiaries. The RC will maintain close relationships with other RCs in the WB in respect to innovation, SME F&D bankers, country and sector bankers, as well as with other relevant stakeholders. Additionally, the RC will oversee the local Advice for Small Businesses (ASB) team in the country where the RC is located, as well as some country specific assignments as instructed or delegated by management.
- Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Responsible for successful delivery of a specific ASB Primary Line of Business in the Region.
- Develop and implement annual operational plan in line with objectives of the Small Business Initiative (SBI) as well as priorities for the Region, under the supervision of the Associate Director, ASB Regional Head (RH).
- Under the supervision of the RH, manage the donor funded budget, including monitoring grants and operational disbursements via local bank accounts, to ensure the budget is managed efficiently, effectively and transparently.
- Under the supervision of Associate Director, ASB Regional Head, recruit, motivate, train and develop staff within agreed policies and practices to maintain an effective workplace capable of meeting its objectives.
- Regularly monitor developments in the local consultancy market, and oversee and manage the implementation of the annual consultant review in order to guide market development activities.
- Identify and pursue potential clients who meet the qualifying criteria, contributing to ASB and banking business development.
- Ensure the origination, conception, implementation, completion and evaluation of ASB projects (or initiatives) in line with ASB best practices and procedures.
Ensure successful implementation of market/sector development and visibility activities in the Region.
- Propose new initiatives and innovative approaches for more effective utilization of available SBI toolbox as well as regional market potential for clients.
- Ensure successful cooperation with relevant internal and external partners vis-à-vis integrated products and initiatives, or policy related issues.
- Provide regular monitoring reports on implementation of projects/initiatives.
- In close cooperation with ASB Regional Head maintain relations with local stakeholders, including government officials and representatives of international organisations; present ASB activities in public fora.
- Be accountable to donors for the effective management of their funds, including through regular reporting, audits and evaluations, so as to always be able to verify that public funding has been used prudently, for the intended purpose, and with impact that justifies its expenditure.
- Contribute to the development of the EBRD country strategy or policy dialogue efforts in line with SBI priorities and experience in the country.
- Champion and role model the Bank’s Behavioural Competencies and Corporate Behaviours, ensuring adherence within the team(s) so that the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct are exhibited at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience in the areas of expertise
- Experience in banking and finance, management consultancy, advisory services in reputable and leading firms or International Finance Institutions. Prior relevant experience and knowledge of the regional business environment, particularly the SME sector.
- Knowledge of regional business environment (particularly the SME sector) and consultancy market, as well as business advisory services in the region.
- Knowledge of relevant stakeholders in the region such as SME Associations or support organisations, regional development agencies, chambers of commerce & industry. Deep understating and knowledge of business practices, key industry sectors in the region, including the financial sector.
- Knowledge of donor funded work, donor organisations in the region is desirable.
- Strong people management skills, including managing a diverse team remotely.
- Business/financial analytical skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding of local accounting principles and practice of company financial analysis.
- Strong business diagnostics skills.
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Practical experience of participating in transactions / projects with a leading role.
- Effective communication, presentation and negotiation skills and ability to manage complex relations with relevant stakeholders in the region including clients and consultants and others.
- Diplomatic skills to develop and maintain strong relationships with diverse stakeholders, including government officials and representatives of international organisations.
- Strong presentation skills to represent EBRD in public fora, and with interlocutors at ministerial level.
- Fluency in English and local language(s), both written and verbal. Strong writing skills in English and local language(s);
- Experience in writing project proposals, terms of references or reports desirable.
- Computer literate: excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Power Point, ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the EBRD mandate, passionate about private sector development.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Multi-tasking, self-initiative. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively within the country and the region.
- Strong leadership skills, with experience in leading at a senior level, interpreting and delivering strategies and programmes.
- Ability to convincingly articulate strategy and resource needs to EBRD senior management.
- Strategic vision to recognise opportunities to innovate and develop those opportunities into projects that can be implemented.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.
***The closing date for applications will be 8th December 2019***