Commercial manager will coordinate commercial team and collaborate with business partners to resolve contractual and commercial issues. This involves business planning, implementation, monitoring and risk management. The candidate should have great communication skills and be able to develop plans that coincide with business targets, and their main duty is to oversee expenses and revenue to create financial returns and business growth. This role can be very fast-paced and requires candidates who are self-motivated.
Commercial Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop Relationships with Clients (Doctors, Pharmacies and important clients)
- Commercial managers build relationships with clients to establish long lasting relationships. They also develop strong relationships with different people within their company and partners to ensure everyone is working toward the same targets and goals.
- Create Plans for Business Growth
- Developing business plans to encourage business growth. To use analytics to create action plans that are based off data and statistics and interpret results against targets.
- Advice in development of Pricing Structures
- Commercial manager will be an adviser during design of pricing structures for products to work toward commercial efforts. Financial planning and budgeting will be an important aspect of this job.
- Oversee and coordinate commercial staff
- Commercial managers will be responsible for overseeing staff, suppliers, and contractors to ensure that deadlines are met. If issues arise with contractors, commercial managers work with them to resolve the problem as quickly as possible so as not to affect the plans.
- Monitor Regulations and legislative requirements to perform effective business
- Commercial managers make sure stakeholders adhere to and understand contractual obligations and also determine when processes violate regulations. They assess risks and make recommendations based on analysis of all factors affecting a business situation.
Other day to day business activities:
Comprehending sales breakdowns
• Implementing sales initiatives, reviewing sales results, watching customer trends, driving marketing team
• Ensuring sales targets are met, supervising staff, design and implement sales incentives to commercial team
Commercial Manager Skills and Qualifications
- Commercial manager should be organized negotiator who is extremely motivated to hit targets and goals. Require a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, commerce, pharmacy or medicine (with MBA preferably) or a similar subject, as well as the following abilities:
- Commercial awareness – commercial manager should have a good understanding of the state of the current market in pharmaceutical industry. Should be constantly updating this knowledge, which includes keeping up to date with the latest contract laws and regulations
- Interpersonal skills – an important aspect of this job is developing relationships with clients and external points of contact, so commercial managers need great communication skills
- Teamwork – commercial manager typically works as part of a team and collaborate closely with other people, so it’s important that applicants for this role can work well with others
- Time management – meeting deadlines for projects and tasks is key in this job, so applicants must be organized and able to manage their time effectively
Contact: [email protected]