The PLAZA Tirana is looking for an IT Specialist
• To ensure the professional and effective running of the day-to-day technology operation in accordance with all Hotel Standards.
• Recommend budget and manage expenses/margins within approved budget constraints.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
• Co-ordinate all activities, operations and running of Information Technology – whilst actively displaying a proactive and communicative leadership style.
• Together with direct reports, take a leading role in positively supporting the operation of the hotel, reinforcing a customer focused approach to hotel operations at all times while supporting all corporate technology requirements and initiatives as appropriate.
• Manage and motivate any subordinate staff to achieve high levels of job satisfaction and productivity. Provide for the professional development and training of personnel that report to this position.
• Maintain clear communication and information exchange between hotel and area/regional staff to ensure optimum sharing of technology issues and solutions.
• Provide clear leadership for high quality of technology service to all departments in the hotel operation while actively managing service level agreements with external technology suppliers.
• Provide clear project and change management programs, schedules and communications as required for all system changes.
• Ensure quality of data is maintained with all systems including ensuring all systems are properly backed-up as standards require.
• Ensure all security, data-protection and data-privacy requirements are met to the best level possible.
• Ensure smooth technology operations for all associates and assist in ensuring all guest-facing technologies meet service level agreements with external suppliers.
• Actively participate in the annual budget planning process.
• Ensure effective channels of data and voice telecommunications are in place maximizing the opportunities of distributing information available - and encouraging ideas and participation from all team members, through participation in team briefings, daily morning meetings and daily operations meetings.
• Resource and co-ordinate effective training to enable all staff to carry out their use of technology systems to a high degree of effectiveness.
• Provide 24x7 on-call duties as required.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Fluent English Required, Internet technologies, MS Office applications, highly motivated, naturally curious, excellent verbal and written communications skills, effective planner, organization and team skills.
Preferred skills: general project and vendor management skills, knowledge of voice and data network technologies, general hotel operations, Fidelio/Opera Property Management System and related IT.
Education: Industry or discipline specific qualifications, Bachelor-degree or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Hotel Systems Support and Operating Department preferred
If you do fulfill all the mentioned criteria please send your application with a photo to the email address: [email protected]
Only suitable candidates will be contacted through phone or email address.
* In compliance with the Law No.9887, dated 10.3.2008 on Personal Data Protection, all information transmitted through your CV will be treated in confidence and will not be disclosed to any third party.
Human Resources Department