VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: SKILLS FOR JOBS BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
Who we are
Swisscontact is the business-oriented independent foundation for international development cooperation. Represented in 33 countries with over 1100 employees, it promotes - since 1959 - economic, social and environmental development.
About the Project Skills for Jobs (S4J) is a project of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), implemented by Swisscontact Albania. It is part of the Economic Development Domain of the Swiss Cooperation Strategy for Albania, with specific focus on promotion of employment opportunities and skills development.
The project addresses the main challenges of the Albanian vocational skills development system: quality and status, financing, labour market orientation and private sector involvement.
The project addresses these challenges by supporting VET providers to offer innovative learning methods, company-based training and career services for smoother school to work transition. The use of smart phones and social media, applying a combination of blended and individualized learning, and work-based training is at the core of S4J implementation. The project focuses mostly on 4 sectors with potential for growth and job creation in Albania: Tourism and Hospitality, ICT (also as a crosscutting theme), Textile and Energy Efficiency.
Background of the Intervention:
Intervention Line 1: Employers’ and Partner’s Relations
The S4J project in phase I successfully promoted a new approach to employers’ relations and partners’
relations, applying a 1:1 approach, creating a network around each VET provider. The success of this
approach enabled most of the other success stories under S4J (Skills for Jobs), including the overwhelming internship and apprenticeship development, industry trainings for re- or up-skilling VET teachers, sponsorships, employers becoming members of school boards, and other important results. The 1:1 approach is tailored to the economic realities in Albania and accepts the learning from many poor-performing attempts in other projects to build relationships with the organized private sector. VET providers assume their role as network focal points, and under phase II will strengthen this network by structuring and formalizing it, and by adding non-company partners including the organized private sector (where genuine interest in VET is given), regional education directorates, National Agency ES structures, parents, and others, to the network, applying the same 1:1 approach. Where providers are active in a region with other VET providers, they will join forces in establishing, expanding and/or consolidating the respective networks. However, the 1:1 approach will now be developed further on regional level by establishing regional VET platforms that shall bring together all relevant stakeholders to further develop VET in the region.
Role: Business Relationship Manager conducts the preparation and implementation of the intervention line strategy. S/He ensures a continuous update of the intervention strategy to adapt it to school providers’ changing needs for cooperation with businesses. Will have a direct reporting line to Skills for Job Project Manager.
• Prepares intervention line strategy outlining clearly the intervention concepts, business models and implementation partners;
• Responsible for creating and implementing new instruments for facilitating businesses-providers cooperation, as well as, for adapting current instruments to the school providers’ changing needs;
• Responsible for establishing business networks and multi stakeholders’ platforms in the regions where the project operates;
• Responsible for developing sponsorship strategy in cooperation with partner providers;
• Develops concept notes and Terms of References for Intervention Line business cases, including deliverables plan/timeframe;
• Identifies and contributes to the selection of the potential implementation partners;
• Engages in the negotiation process and prepares partnership agreements with implementation partners;
• Responsible for the continuous performance assessment of the implementation partners and for following continuously their progress towards the achievement of the pre-defined results;
• Coordinates intervention activities and daily operational tasks of and within the Intervention Line;
• Provides intervention line-related inputs to monthly-report and progress meetings with regard to the accomplished activities of the intervention line;
• Contributes to activities of other intervention lines when interlinkages occur.
• Liaises with the relevant government and non-governmental institutions, civil sector actors, previous and current projects working in the area, private sector partners and with other key stakeholders, within the intervention line;
• Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record of achieving targets and client’s achievement in the private sector.
• Must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a young project with a rapidly expanding business network base and evolving results.
• Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally.
• Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, International Development or related discipline required.
• 5-7+ years customer B D/sales experience across the Private Sector and demonstrated initiative and consistent goal attainment are required.
• Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call/meeting planning, account development, and time management.
• Previous experience with donor organizations (Government, multi-national, foundations), project implementers, system integrators/consultants are considered a plus
• Professional, with extremely strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively present concepts and ideas to groups of people.
• Substantial analytical, technical aptitude and problem-solving skills. Ability to organize and handle multiple assignments/accounts. Proactive in following through with deadlines and ability to prioritize, trouble shoot, and problem solver
• Excellent organization and time management skills. Must be able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
In line with Swisscontact organisation culture, we are looking not only for competent, but also open-minded individuals with good social skills.
Location: Place of work in Tirana
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply within 26/06/2019 with:
- Curriculum Vitae including at least 2 referees contacts;
- A Cover Letter expressing the motivation to apply for this job.
Të gjithë të interesuarit mund të aplikojnë duke dërguar CV-të e tyre nëpërmjet "Apliko këtu me email"
(kujdesuni që të jeni identifikuar në emailin tuaj kur klikoni frazën "Apliko këtu me email"), ose duke klikuar butonin "Aplikoni me email" mëposhtë.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Swisscontact reserves the right to consider only such applications which are completely suitable with the requirements for the position.