With almost 7 000 employees, the European Patent Office (EPO) is one of the largest public service institutions in Europe. Its headquarters are in Munich and it also has offices in Berlin, Brussels, The Hague and Vienna. The EPO was founded with the aim of strengthening co-operation on patents in Europe. Through the EPO's centralised patent granting procedure, inventors are able to obtain high-quality patent protection in up to 44...
Position (contract type): not a permanent position.The duration of appointment is limited to 5 years.
Lawyerto work on patent law-related projects and tasks.
1. Providing legal advice on European patent law and the PCT, in particular by
- advising EPO management and staff in DG Patent Granting Process
- drafting appealable decisions
- drafting information and notices for publication in the EPO's Official Journal and/or on its website (www.epo.org)
- drafting and legally checking proposals to amend the EPC Implementing Regulations, the Guidelines for Examination in the EPO, the Rules relating to Fees, ancillary regulations and procedural forms
- providing information about patent-law developments, by answering questions, giving lectures or drafting website publications
2. Acting as legally qualified examiner in examination and opposition proceedings (Articles 18(2) and 19(2) EPC) 3. Other tasks of the directorate, in particular:
- drafting procedural analyses and studies
- taking part in working parties and advisory bodies
- giving lectures and workshops for internal and external training purposes
- a fully completed university degree in law, preferably with previous experience in patent law-related matters
- initiative, a high degree of commitment and self-motivation, proven organizational skills and a proactive approach to getting things done
- the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and to meet tight deadlines
- well-developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- strong analytical skills
- Diploma of completed university studies at master's level or - in exceptional cases - equivalent professional experience
- Excellent knowledge of one official language (English, French or German) and ability to understand the other two
- Citizenship of one of the member states of the European Patent Organization
The successful candidate will be selected on the basis of qualifications and relevant experience, supplemented as appropriate by interviews, tests and/or a personality questionnaire.
It is intended to hold the interviews in calendar week 17 2019 in Munich.
Job group: 4
Grade: G7-10 (net (basic) monthly salary* for this vacancy: EUR 5 680 to 8 050, depending on experience) Duration of appointment: five years Career path: Technical
Application deadline: 25.03.2019
* after deduction of EPO internal tax and before deduction of staff contributions to the social-security and pension schemes.
The EPO is an equal opportunities employer and supports workforce diversity as a signatory to the Diversity Charter (Charta der Vielfalt) since 2010.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the professional merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion or belief.
1. Fillimisht klikoni butonin "Aplikoni".
2. Pasi klikoni këtë buton, më poshtë ju shfaqet mundësia të përzgjidhni 1 nga CV tuaja që keni krijuar në llogari si punëkërkues.
3. Në rast se kompania kërkon dokumenta shtesë, ju do të keni mundësi që të përzgjidhni dokumentat nëpërmjet rubrikës "Bashkëngjit Dokumente" që do të shfaqet poshtë "Zgjidhni CV që i përshtatet më së miri pozicionit të punës".
4. Në fund klikoni butoni "Dërgo".