Yunus Social Business Balkans
(a full-time position, during March – December 2018, based in Tirana)
Yunus Social Business Balkans (YSB Balkans) accelerates and finances social businesses that address pressing society’s social problems in a financially sustainable way. YSBB is co-founded by Nobel Peace Laureate, Professor Muhammad Yunus, and is part of Yunus Social Business (YSB) - Global Initiatives and the Grameen family of social businesses. Building on Prof. Yunus successes, YSB’s goal is to sustainably solve social problems through supporting and fostering the establishment of SBs worldwide. YSB does this through provision of entrepreneur services (i.e. acceleration and incubation programs, mentoring, coaching, etc.) and provision of financing support.
YSB Global Initiatives (with main office in Frankfurt, Germany) is active in 12 countries where more than 50 local investment professionals. In the last five years YSB has supported over 700 entrepreneurs, invested around 10 M USD in 45 companies, which already support over 15,000 incomes and serve more than 1.5 million clients with essential products and services in emerging and developing countries. At YSB Balkans (with its office located in Tirana, Albania), we are currently a team of four full time people, plus volunteers, with backgrounds in strategy consulting, entrepreneurship, civil society and international development, who source, screen, support and invest in promising social businesses with a strong impact- and business model. Since early 2016, YSB and USAID
Albania have established a three-year partnership (in the context of the “Growing Social Businesses in Albania” program) to work together in promoting entrepreneurship and the development of social businesses in vulnerable and underserved communities in Albania in order to generate lasting and positive social, economic and environmental impact in a financially sustainable way.
Aiming to foster social entrepreneurship ecosystem in Albania and promote the knowledge and practice in the sector, targeting especially youth and other marginalised groups, YSB Balkans has undertaken a wide range of initiative, including but not limited to provision of incubation services to social business and entrepreneurship initiatives, the “Social Impact Award Albania”, support for transforming “job seekers into job creators”, support to investment readiness for social entrepreneurs, etc. All these initiatives would include organization of a wide range of events and would require fostering and development of partnerships with various local and international actors active the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
In this context, YSB Balkans is looking for a Partnerships and Events Manager to join our team and take leadership in coordinating and implementing the following activities during a period of ten months.
• Take the lead identification, mapping and engagement of partners and supporters of social entrepreneurship ecosystem in Albania.
• Facilitate establishment and development of partnerships and organization of events and workshops in the support to development of the social entrepreneurship ecosystem in Albania.
• Facilitate participation and/or co-organization of events with local and international partners in Albania related to promotion and/or participation of the Albanian social startups in various relevant events at the regional and international arena.
• Design and implementation of a series of events in different major cities in Albania, in cooperation/partnerships with relevant local partners;
• Work closely with the YSBB team in management of resources allocated to supporting agreed development actions/activities
• Support the team in co-ordination, maintenance and strengthening of the communication with partners and entrepreneurs.
• Other duties and responsibilities, as required, to help ensure that the YSB activities are a success.
• A full-time position for a ten months period (March - December 2018) with competitive compensation.
• A great opportunity to use your talent, skills and enthusiasm to help create social impact in Albania.
• An exciting work environment with a great scope for taking on significant responsibilities within projects and within the organization.
• A lot of joy in all our projects and a friendly, young, international team.
Kualifikimet / Kërkesat
We are considering candidates with the following qualities, skills and experience:
• A university degree in economy, business, management, marketing, international relations or related fields.
We consider higher qualifications an advantage;
• At least three years of similar previous experience, preferably in business management, product development and marketing, business related events management, business networking/relations.
• A demonstrated commitment to serving society’s needs and a high level of personal integrity;
• Native-speaker of Albanian language with excellent communications skills, both oral and written in Albanian and at least working proficiency level in English;
• Team-working skills and a “self-starter” mentality: a high level of passion, entrepreneurial energy, personal initiative and responsibility;
• Good communication and negotiating skills, and understanding of cultural differences;
• Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency and thoroughness, ability to meet deadlines, a creative and playful mind, an ability to generate new ideas and to develop them;
• A sense of adventure and a willingness to travel outside of Tirana, including to rural areas of Albania, on a regular basis (several times per month);
• Report writing skills (in both English and Albanian languages).
If you are interested in this position and you think that you fit the role description, please send a CV and cover letter, in English, by email, by not later than 21 February 2018, to the following addresses: [email protected]
If this job isn’t for you, but you know someone who might be a perfect fit, please forward him/her this document.
We hope for your understanding that, due to the many applications we receive, we can only contact and invite for interview the shortlisted applicants.
Identifikohuni si punëkërkues për të aplikuar!